Top 10 Amazing Facts about Video Games

We all love video games irrespective of our age or gender. So, here is a list of “Top 10 Amazing Facts about Video Games” for all those who love video games.


We all love video games irrespective of our age or gender. So, here is a list of “Top 10 Amazing Facts about Video Games” for all those who love video games.

Top 10 Amazing Facts about Video Games
Source: PxHere

10. Final Fantasy

If it’s supposed to be THE “Final Fantasy”, then how come this series of games came from? we’ve all probably heard it before and it does indeed bring up a valid point but there’s a perfectly good explanation. The year is 1987 and the creator of the “Final Fantasy” series is about to quit the video game industry altogether, why? because the company he works for “Square” was about to go bankrupt. So in a final attempt to create a successful game, he created THE “Final Fantasy”.

09. Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto (GTA) only exists because of a glitch in another game in 1995. Rockstar was working on a game titled “Race ‘N’ Chase”. The game was very similar to what would later become GTA, however the game focused only on car chases as well as playing as the police trying to catch criminals. But a bug in the game caused the “AI” ​​playing the police car try to knock you off the road rather than actually catch and bust you. This was popular enough with testers that the model of the game was reworked to better suit this dynamic and so GTA was born.

08. Deus Ex

While working on Deus Ex and adding in New York skyline into the game, designers had to cut out several parts of the backdrop including the twin towers because of memory limitations. Gamers noticed this and when they complained the developers of Deus Ex explained that the towers had been destroyed by terrorist attacks in the game. The game was released over a year before the actual 9/11 terrorist attacks.

07. Xbox

The Xbox was originally named “Direct Xbox” as it was initially designed to show how Microsoft’s DirectX graphics technology could benefit the console market.

06. BioShock

The BioShock series is well known for its enemies such as the Big Daddies and Little Sisters. However before coming up with the idea for little sisters, the creators had a few other ideas in mind. At first the little sisters or “Gatherers” (as they were called at the time) were to sign based on a sea slug and look like this but nobody seemed to empathize with Schechter that much big surprise. So the artists were given the task of creating a shelter that place could more easily feel pity for. One artist Sketch up the sign of a dog in a wheelchair and another was that of a toad with a funnel attached to its anus. Yeah tried to empathize with that.

05. Manhunt

In New Zealand it’s considered a criminal offence to own the game “Manhunt”. The game was described by a court that it portrays killing humans as fun and the more violent the more fun the killing is.

04. Majority of Gamers

Even though twelve-year-old screaming little boys seem to be the minority of gamers it’s surprisingly far from the truth. About 32% of gamers are below 18 years old and that means the rest 68% of all gamers are 18 years or older and the average age of a gamer is actually 30 years old. but the most staggering fact about all this is that roughly 45% of all gamers are female so you’re telling me there’s a

03. Apple Pippin

The best-selling video game console of all time is the PlayStation 2 with over 155 million units sold worldwide and the best-selling handheld device is Nintendo DS with over 153 million units sold worldwide. The worst selling console of all time is the Apple Pippin which sold about 43,000 units during its two-year period on the market. The failure had to do with its price since it had a price tag of $599 and competing consoles were much cheaper (PlayStation 2 – $299, Nintendo $199) and also better in performance and features.

02. Mega Man

Mega Man was originally called “Rock Man” but for its release in America they changed it to Mega Man because Nintendo of America thought people might mistake its name for “Cocaine Man”.

01. Grand Theft Auto 5

At roughly 270 million dollars Grand Theft Auto 5 currently has the largest budget of any game in history.  it was actually so expensive to make that at the time of its release (2013) only two movies (Pirates of the Caribbean 3 & 4) has had a bigger budget that GTA 5.

So, that’s all about it and hope you enjoyed “Top 10 Amazing Facts about Video Games”. Thank you for reading and see you soon with another “Top 10” Listicle.

If you enjoyed reading this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media and also feel free to read our other “Top 10 Listicles” as well.


Like it? Share with your friends!

admin

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *